Private Health Cash Plans
Private Health Cash Plans are increasing in popularity and can offer additional health cover for individuals often at minimal monthly cost. Policies can be funded by an employer or purchased by an individual, for themselves or for their family. They work by processing claims for reimbursement for healthcare costs not funded by the NHS or private medical insurance policies. Each company that offers Private Health Cash Plans have different levels of coverage, which reimburse for costs of varying therapies to set annual limits.
Below is a list of Private Health Cash Plan providers that recognise CNHC registration for reimbursement. Please note that some professional associations are also recognised but they vary by company.
• Medicash provides health cash plans for individuals and businesses and recognises CNHC registration for reimbursement of several therapies including Reflexology. Medicash will cover 50% of the therapy cost up to the set limit per year, depending on the plan.
• The Health Insurance Group are a broker which work to find the best cash plan for individuals or businesses. They work with Medicash (which provides reimbursement for a wide range of complementary therapies) and several other cash plan providers.
• Pure Benefits provides health cash plans for businesses through Medicash. Pure Benefits recognises CNHC registration for reimbursement of therapy. Pure Benefits will also reimburse for CNHC registered
• Westfield Health recognises CNHC registration for reimbursement on a limited number of corporate paid plans provided by specific employers for Reflexology.
• Health Shield will reimburse for the following CNHC registered discipline on Reflexology.
• Elect recognises CNHC registration for reimbursement on their business health cash plans. Elect works with Health Shield to reimburse for the following CNHC registered discipline: Reflexology.
• Simply health recognises Reflexology provided by CNHC registrants on a number of Company Paid Cashplans. Registrants should ensure clients c heck whether Reflexology is included on their plan before proceeding. Clients can check their policy Terms and Conditions and Benefit Cover leaflets. If they are uncertain they can contact Simply health on 0370 908 3481 or through the
Live Chat service on their website www.simplyhealth.co.uk.
• Benenden recognises CNHC registration for reimbursement for Reflexology. Benenden will cover 100% of claims up to a limit of £350 per year, depending on the level of coverage.
• BHSF recognises CNHC registration for reimbursement for Reflexology for all levels of their health cash plans. BHSF will reimburse for 50-75% of claims up to a limit of £750 per year, depending on the level of coverage.
• UK Healthcare recognises CNHC registration for reimbursement for Reflexology on their individual cash plans following a GP referral. Updated GMC guidance allows GP to refer patients to practitioners on accredited register such as CNHC’s.
• Paycare recognises CNHC registration Paycare will reimburse for 100% of claims up to a limit of £150 per year, depending on the level of coverage. Please check that Reflexology is covered.
Please note CNHC will continue to work with these and other private health cash plan providers to widen the scope of reimbursement and will provide further information in future news update
Updated: April 2018